Friday, March 23, 2007

Toms Shoes.



Toms Shoes are a footwear line started by Blake Mycoskie, who, inspired by the poverty he witnessed during a trip in Argentina, began the company to 'make life more comfortable'. The shoes are an adapted version of alpargatas (a traditional utility shoe worn by Argentinian workers), and come in a huge variety of colors and prints. The materials and shoes are produced in Argentina anti-sweatshop style, using fair labor practices and minimal impact on the environment. Most significantly, with every purchase of Toms, Blake has made the commitment to give a pair to a South American child in need. I found out about Toms Shoes from my sister Danielle who ordered a pair for her and her husband. I can't decide if I really like them or if I just want a pair because Sienna Miller has them??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like them, too, and I'm not so much on Team Sienna. So, I'd say you really like them for their own shoe-ly merits. :)